Thank you so much to Gemmi of Walk the Circle for gifting me with the Liebster Blog Award! For those bloggers and readers who are unfamiliar with this award, “The Liebster Award” is given to up and coming bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers (I barely made the cut – thank you to all of my recent followers and all of my older, loyal followers as well!) The word ” Liebster” comes from German and can mean the sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, most beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
Thank the person who nominated you. When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you. Pass the award onto 6 other blogs (while making sure you notify the blogger that you nominated them!) You write up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated your own blog!
11 Random Facts
1. I am writing this from my cousin’s cabin in the snow and it is currently about 10 degrees outside, something I am definitely not used to (although I love to visit it!)
2. I have been obsessing over the blog lately and working on new post ideas and blogging strategies.
3. One of my current favorite authors is Tasha Alexander.
4. My dream has always been to live on the coast and own a bookstore, at least partially inspired by the book, Miss Rumphius.
5. I’ve been to Paris but I prefer London.
6. My favorite color is purple although I also love grey and blue.
7. Recently, I finally watched all six episodes of Sherlock and am hooked.
8. My favorite fairytale is Sleeping Beauty but I identify more with Belle of Beauty and the Beast.
9. Someday I want to get married in either January with a glamorous 1920s theme or April with a vintage Jane Austen theme. (Working in a flower shop, it’s hard not to think about these things.)
10. Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays even though I’m single. I send valentines to all my girlfriends because, you know, you got to love them too!
11. I don’t know how I lived before I had a smartphone.
Questions from Gemmi
- How do you get your exercise? *wince* I’m terrible about exercise. I do walk quite a bit, however.
- What is the most challenging thing about this blog for you? I think it’s probably keeping up with content although I finally have a decent system in place that helps me with that.
- What have you done that deserves a big High-Five? I once hosted a 1940s swing dance that raised $1200 for the USO.
- Describe the person you should really kick out of your life. Hahaha! Hmm. That’s a tough one – I’m lucky enough to not really have anyone hanging over me. I’ve had them in the past however and without fail, the reason I’ve needed to kick them out of my life is that I let them push me around.
- Invent an entirely new kind of pet. Describe. It’s furry. It’s telepathic so you actually know what it’s thinking but it still communicates in animal-ish noises. It has super soft ears and feet without claws so it can curl up without scratching you.
- Would you have robot servants if you could? Probably not. My smartphone and laptop are close enough to robot servants and I tend to get absorbed in them as it is.
- Why do you think athletes continue to be role models? Because they are the modern warriors. Although we still have heroes in the traditional sense and it’s shame that we don’t see them cheered on our tvs in the same way athletes are, I think athletes are still important because they have the ability to teach kids about fairness, trust, teamwork and hard work paying off.
- Who is your role model and why? My mom. I could say my best friend or my grandmother because they’re both incredible people as well but I’ve always been very close to my mom and I do find myself often trying to decide what she would do in any given situation.
- Chocolate cake or White? Icing? Chocolate with icing.
- What makes you work really hard right now? The flower shop that my mom and I own/run. It’s a work in progress and I’m always thinking of ways to make it better.
- What was the last thing you did as spiritual practice? Prayed. Although I don’t worship a particular deity, I do like to occasionally thank the Goddess for food/etc.
My Questions for the Nominees
1. What was the last book you read and what did you think of it?
2. What fellow blogger do you look up to?
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
4. What kind of weather is your favorite?
5. Slippers, socks or barefoot?
6. What meal do you make most often?
7. Do you watch tv and if so, what show are you currently addicted to?
8. Do you use herbs in magick and if so, which herbs are your favorites?
9. What is your favorite fairytale and why?
10. What book do you own that you’ve never read?
11. Do you paint your fingernails and/or toenails and what color do you most often use?