I am so honored to have been nominated for the Sunshine Award by both Neferet of Stay for a Spell and Cassandra of Book of Shadows Blog. Thank you so much, both of you! I’m thrilled with The Witch of Howling Creek’s popularity and success.
I was going to feel a bit weird about doing another one of these posts but rather than just listing random things about myself I’m supposed to answer a series of specific questions so I thought it might be fun!
1. Who is your favorite philosopher? I adore Winston Churchill and I wholeheartedly believe that someday he will be considered a very wise philosopher indeed. I also have a lot of respect for Hypatia however.
2. What is your favorite number? 36. It has popped up continuously throughout my life and I just think its such a pretty round number.
3. What is your favorite animal? Domestic, I love cats. Especially really slinky grey cats. Wild, I have a thing about foxes. I just think they’re so beautiful and intelligent.
4. What are your Facebook and Twitter URLs? I don’t use Facebook but I can be found at Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/witchofhowling
5. What is your favorite time of day? Although I am definitely not a morning person, on the rare occasion I drag myself out of bed before 7:00, I love the quiet hush before the day begins. I just don’t experience it all that often.
6. What was your favorite vacation? By far, the month I spent in Europe last year. I toured through London, Paris, Venice, Florence, Rome, Athens and Santorini, soaking up art and history… It was incredible and I’d do it again in a heartbeat (although I can’t wait to go back to the UK in particular.)
7. What is your favorite physical activity? Trick question. None? I’m sooo unathletic, it’s terrible. I would love to get more into yoga however.
8. Favorite non-alcoholic drink? Definitely tea, particularly Twinings Earl Grey.
9. What is your favorite flower? This is the most impossible question for a florist to answer but if I had to narrow it down, I’d say a toss-up between green roses and purple tulips.
10. What is your passion? Art and history. There is so much to be learned from our past, even just in the last century, if we cared to look. And art has so much to offer, yet it’s the first thing to get cut from our schools! I truly believe it will only be when we understand these two things, that we’ll ever be able to move forward.
I’m supposed to nominate ten blogs but I’ve handed out so many nominations lately, I feel I should give it a bit of a rest. If you’re a blogger and we’re friends, just know I love you dearly and you totally deserve every award out there!