So, crazy turn of events: I’ve been nominated for TWO awards in the past week!
One Lovely Blog Award
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 or so bloggers you admire
- Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they’ve been nominated.
- I was a 4-H kid and I raised pigs for many years.
- I love planning parties, especially large-scale fundraisers with themes (the largest event I’ve ever planned was a 1940s swing dance to raise money for the USO!)
- I teach art at a private elementary school.
- I have always wanted to own a bookstore, preferably in one of the California coastal towns like Mendocino or Carmel.
- I’m not much of a swimmer and don’t particularly like being IN the water but I love to be near it, especially the ocean.
- I am a total foodie and am always exposing my friends and family to crazy new things like grilled nectarines and crepe cakes!
- I don’t remember the first time I learned about paganism and Wicca but I think it may have been when I was about 11, when I heard a friend’s mother talking about the significance and positivity of the pentacle (believe it or not, she was Seventh-day Adventist!)
Very Inspiring Blogger Award
- Display the award certificate on your blog.
- Announce your win with a post and include a link to whoever presented your award.
- Present seven awards to deserving bloggers. Create a post linking to them and drop them a comment to tip them off.
- Post seven interesting facts about yourself.
- I drink an excessive amount of tea, especially Twining’s Earl Grey.
- I am a total anglophile and love everything UK.
- I can trace my family tree directly back to a Scottish nobleman who was born in 1710 and immigrated to North America sometime before 1730.
- I am obsessed with this: Google Art Project.
- I don’t think I have a favorite sabbat but it’s probably a toss-up between Samhain, Yule and Ostara.
- I hate bananas but love banana bread.
- My favorite movie is a tie between Practical Magic and To Catch a Thief.
Okay, so, I’m kind of going to cheat on the nominations. We all know I’m terrible about following blogs so I’m going to nominate the following people for BOTH awards because they’re all just so darn deserving:
Thank you all so much for being such loyal readers!