Crescent rolls are a fun way to add a little moon-spiration to your supper this full moon night! Add a blend of your favorite herbs, such as basil, thyme and oregano for a magickal (and flavorful) boost.
- 2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon dried herbs
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Stir in sugar, salt, eggs, shortening, herbs and 2 cups of flour. Beat until smooth. Mix in remaining flour until smooth. Scrape dough from side of bowl. Knead dough, then cover it and let rise in a warm place until double (about 1-1/2 hours).
- Punch down dough. Divide in half. Roll each half into a 12-inch circle. Spread with butter. Cut into 10 to 15 wedge. Roll up the wedges starting with the wide end. Place rolls with point under on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise until double (about 1 hour).
- Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 12-15 minute or until golden brown. Brush tops with butter when they come out.