All right, so… I’m a week late. But Valentine’s is one of my favorite holidays and love is always in season, right, not just one day a year? 🙂 So here we go with a couple of Valentine posts to keep the pink and red and glitteriness going for a few more days.
Being a florist, I have a deep appreciation for flowers and their meanings, magickal or not. This time of year, of course, the flower of the day is the rose. Although a dozen roses may be a bit cliché, there is no arguing how it makes people feel – after 50 deliveries last week, I can attest that handing over a vase of 6, 12 or 24 roses brings a smile like no other.
So how can you capture that magick on days other than February 14? With one of these ideas for a little Rose Magick…
- Lay rose petals between sheets of paper in a large book to press and dry them. Use the resulting pressed petals to decorate your altar or Book.
- Brew a cup of rose tea, made with nothing more than dried rosebuds, for a calming, introspective morning.
- Tuck a stem of miniature roses (trimmed of thorns) beneath or inside your pillow to dream about your future in love and matters of the heart.
- Stir rosewater into just about any sweet treat to help you open your heart to love.
- Simply send flowers, even to yourself – you would be amazed what having flowers delivered to your door does for the heart!