2012 is a special year as it contains THREE Friday the 13ths. Here are a few ideas to celebrate these most unusual days of the year:
- Prayer beads may not seem particularly pagan but string together 13 wooden or glass beads with a pentacle, fairy or other metal charm on the end for your own special twist.
- Make a list of 13 things you want to accomplish this year and post on the fridge where you can see it every day.
- Host a “Friday the 13th” party with 13 varieties of drinks, appetizers or desserts.
- Create a dessert trifle with 13 layers, such as crumbled cake, custard, crushed cookies, jam, etc.
- Write down 13 things about yourself and your life that you would like to change, then burn the paper in a ritual to symbolize banishing those things from your life. (Then, of course, set about actually changing them.)