In honor of the full moon less than a week away, I thought I would post a little recipe for moonwater. Moonwater is a simple Pagan holy water imbued with the energy of the full or new moon. It is great for many spells, for ritual drink on full moons or Sabbats, or just for a little extra goddess energy.
Glass bottle with closing lid
Sage or other cleansing herb
– Rub bottle with sage to bless and cleanse.
– Fill with natural water as from a stream, river, creek, natural well or spring, or rain. (Note: If you plan to consume this water, you will want to boil it before leaving in the moonlight so as to remove any toxins.)
– Place the bottle outside on a full or new moon, not letting the sun touch it.
– Clearly label the bottle so you know it is not just plain water.
– Consume for energy or store for spells.