Ask and you shall receive: Grandma Marilyn’s French Lemon Bars from the family recipe book post! Just to keep it on the ‘witchy’ side, lemons are very magickal and signify friendship, love and purification. Imbue the recipe with a little bit of intention while you are working and just like that, you have a blessing to give as a gift to a friend!
Ingredients – Crust
¾ cup butter
1 ½ cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/8 tsp salt
Ingredients – Filling
1 ½ cups sugar
3 tbsp flour
1/3 cup lemon juice
- For cookie crust, cut butter into flour, sugar and salt until mixture is crumbly. Press onto bottom of a 13×9 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.
- For lemon filling, beat eggs thoroughly in small bowl with electric mixer. Mix sugar and flour, add to eggs and beat well. Add lemon juice and beat until well-blended.
- Pour filling over hot crust; return to oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool; sprinkle lightly with confectioner’s sugar. Cut into bars.